Sunday, April 18, 2010

Family Bonds are Mending Slowly

This is the progress report that I promised to give you about my efforts to mend family ties and seal the bonds of love as a family in our daily lives. We are headed to Pocatello, Idaho where we are anxious and excited to visit two of our children along with their spouses and ten children, grand-children. Three young children live there whom we have not met yet so we'll be hugging them for the first time. Our hearts are full right now.

My husband and I have not visited with this part of our family for over a year and last year's visit was a couple hours. This is long overdue as a major step in mending bridges with family to bring them closer to us and to each other. We have a son-in-law who is no longer married to our daughter but he is like a son to us. It will be wonderful to visit with him again. Nineteen miles up the road lives my sister and her husband as well as her son, his wife and five children, whom we have never met. This is so exciting! I'll be taking lots of photos and videos of us all hugging and hanging out together.

There are so many plans to make about things to do together, places to go together and sharing time just being together. I can think of so many stories to share and so much family news to catch up with every one. While we're with this part of our family tribe, we'll work on getting them together with one another. We also want to connect the Idaho family with all the rest of the family by opening phone and internet communication. I encourage every one to share photos, videos, to text and talk on video phones and to send old fashioned cards and letters. There is always Facebook and MySpace, too! or Twitter! A family blog would be a creative way for every one to share photos and stories and news and special occasions.

If my husband and I are going to pull this off, we have to work hard to get the rest of our clan pulling together to network and socialize. By next year, I'd love to see us all get together in the same place for one full week. That would be an amazing miracle!!! I'm praying for it.

This is only the beginning of the journey.

Family waits for us in Pennsylvania. We have a son who traveled from Idaho to Penna. hoping to catch up with us. I feel so bad that he is there and we are out here. We'll have to meet somewhere so either we'll catch up with him on the east coast or we'll ask him to travel west or meet us some place in the middle.

Cephas and I are on our way to Utah after a few days in Idaho. We have a date with destiny and the spirit of God to finish some spiritual work. We could be there a couple weeks before we return to Idaho for a longer visit. Afterwards, we'll set out for other places to see family such as Chicago, Tennesee, North Carolina, Florida and Pennsylvania. It will be one big circle of love. We have some old friends in Montana whom we'd love to visit as well and they are our family, too. It should be an eventful year of continual circling.

Our son David is in prison in Florida. We have not seen him in five years and our hearts are sorely broken and grieved over his plight. Every day we pray to God to set him free and to make it possible for us to visit him. I have to see him really soon or my heart will break. I have been running from visiting him in prison because it hurts too much but I know he needs to see me and hear from me. I feel so ashamed for not maintaining contact but rather than feel guilty, I want to take affirmative action and change our situation and heal our relationship. I want him set free and I'm pulling for him. I love you David Andrew with all my heart.

I'l update you again soon.
The Midnight Writer

No comments: