Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dear Diary, I Bare my Heart to You

Dear Diary.....what goes beyond this salutation is often a mystery to the writer until the ink starts to flow upon the pages. Keeping a diary is an extremely personal introspection. When you start writing about such intimate experiences there is a natural cause and effect that can't be avoided. For me, today is one of those occasions where the unfolding thoughts take me to an undetermined place.

Today is my Mother Suzanne Colpetzer's birthday and I miss her as much today as the day that she left this earth in November 2002. Has it really been over eight years since you traveled to the spirit world and left your family on earth missing your love and your presence? I wish I could turn back the clock today even for an hour so I could spend that entire hour immersed in time spent with you Mom. We could talk, laugh, share and love like we used to do. Now I know that you are out there some where watching over me and all your family. That is the kind of woman you always were, kind, loving, compassionate, caring and concerned about your family. Why should a separation from the physical world change your identity when that is who you are in the spirit.

Here's a hug Mom, a big hug and a kiss or two or twenty. I know you can feel me as much as I can feel you. I love you Mom. I'm shouting it to the pages of "Dear Diary" and to the world because I'm going to share my feelings about you to the world on facebook. You would've liked facebook Mom.

I know how excited you were to learn how to use a computer in your last few years and then you got a Dell computer. You even sent me an email to tell how exciting that was to you. Remember how we used to play email chase and hide and seek online? It was so much fun. You and I created all these identities in different emails using clues in other emails about where we might be lurking next. The riddles were the best part. It was like playing Sherlock Holmes together and I know those stories and movies were some of our favorites to watch together. Such good memories Mom that I'm smiling from my eyes to my spirit that is reaching into those heavens to touch your immortal soul, for an instant in time and for all eternity.

I love you Mom. I'll see you in the blink of an eye. God bless and keep us both till that moment. God speed.

Your daughter,
Sherry

No comments: